Starbucks cards can be redeemed in store directly at the point of sale, but they can also be added to the Starbucks app, allowing customers to more easily manage & redeem their rewards while also earning Starbucks Stars towards future perks. Here's how to add gift cards to the Starbucks app so that the balance can be checked and to help with redemption:
1. Open the Starbucks app and login or create an account. Once logged in, click the icon that looks like a person in the top right corner.
2. This will take you to your account menu. From here select "Starbucks Cards & Payment."
3. Click the "Add gift card here" option as shown below:
4. Enter the gift card details on the next screen & then click "Add Card":
5. Once you've hit "add card" you will be automatically redirected to the page that shows all gift cards including the gift card you've just added. There will be a success message at the bottom of the screen:
Congratulations! The gift card has now been added to the app. Each gift card added will automatically generate it's own QR code which you can use to redeem at the POS in store, or alternatively you can order ahead via a mobile order, and have your order ready at the store when you arrive.
Redeeming a code from the app in store
To show the qr code to be scanned when standing at a Starbucks register:
1. Open the app and hit the scan option along the bottom menu. Then from the top menu select the option called "Scan & Pay":
2. If you have multiple gift cards or payment methods added to the app, you can swipe to select which one you want to use and then present the barcode to the scanner at the register.
Redeeming via the app (mobile order):
First follow the steps to add the gift card to the app, and then complete the below.
1. Open the Starbucks app and select "order" from the bottom menu.
2. Select the location you'd like to pickup from:
3. Browse the menu and locate the item(s) you'd like to order, hitting the green add to order button to continue adding items:
4. When ready to go to checkout click the bag icon in the lower right corner. Confirm correct pickup location is selected and choose if it is for drive through or walk-in. Then hit "Checkout."
5. Lastly, select which payment method you want to use using the dropdown box. Then click "place order."